Sunday, September 04, 2005

Progress report 1 (a change of plan)

3 training days went by since the beginning of the new month untill the weekend. I intended to finish TES modules 1 units 1&2 in those three days, but it seems i was slightly overenthousiastic. I managed to finish TES modules 1 unit 1 but while working on unit 2, i found myself needing about an hour to complete the endgame unit. Now unit 1 was quite easy, and for some reason that made me think my plan was possible. The plan was to go over each TES modules units (starting from 1) x 6 per day. Now it worked with TES module 1 unit 1, cause that took me a little over 2 hours. But TES module 1 endgame unit 2 alone took me about an hour to complete. So going over it 6 times in 2 hours isn't going to work now is it? What was i thinking? I knew the complexity would increase... I could have known this ambitious plan wasn't going to work. After some thinking i came up with the following change of plan; Instead of trying to go over tactics, endgame and strategy modules and their corresponding units together, i am going to go over one subject at a time. Each of the subjects themselves are divided like this;

- Tactics: 6 training modules, with 51 units each with a total amount of 4320 different exercises
- Endgames: 3 training modules, with 51 units each with a total amount of 1440 different exercises
Strategy: 3 training modules, with 51 units each with a total amount of 720 different exercises
Each unit contains approximately 90 exercises

What i am going to do is start with the tactics modules. When i'm done with that i'll be working on the endgame modules, and when i'm done with those i'll be working on the strategy modules. It's starting to look like a much nicer plan allready, in the sence of creating goals as well. As with my first plan i did not really have a goal. I think i can begin to set goals this way as well. Now let me see... Tactics, 6 training modules, 51 units, 4320 different exercises, approximately 90 exercises per unit hmm... Ok! Here's the plan; I'll be going over 1 unit a day = 90 exercises x 6 = 540 for 51 training days (weekends off). Knowing myself i probably try to do more, so i am going to give it a 2 months max to finish tactics. Now it might be only 4320 exercises, but you also have to repeat those exercises 6 times (as recommended) which makes it a total of 25920 exercises. But i'm really looking forward to it... I'm not sure if i can say the same about the endgame exercises... As endgame module 1 unit 2 got me highly agressive last night. Also in addition i will be going over other stuff as well. Since i got a more or less clear path now, going over other stuff as well doesn't get me frustrated as much as it used to do. I can focus now, i think :)
Anyway, i'll be keeping you up to date with these progress reports on weekends. I'm off now... Believe it or not, but i still gotta get some sleep.

8 Comments:

At 06 September, 2005 01:01 , Blogger Temposchlucker said...

He wat leuk, nog een een kaaskop!
Welcome to the Knights Errant.

 
At 07 September, 2005 22:08 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Welcome aboard! Hope you have fun! Don't forget to register for our ICQ group. You can find the link in my sidebar.

PS

 
At 08 September, 2005 12:51 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

I don't do ICQ. Sorry.

 
At 08 September, 2005 21:11 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Oh, btw. Did you mention anything about your chess history?

PS

 
At 08 September, 2005 23:19 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Is that a requirement? And did you check out all of my previous posts? Specificly the "About me" post?

 
At 09 September, 2005 09:41 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

No, I didn't see those posts. Thanks for pointing them out. No, it is not a requirement, I was just curious.

PS

 
At 09 September, 2005 22:00 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

It's not really extensive, but what can i say... My chess history just isn't :)

 
At 10 September, 2005 23:25 , Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

Welcome to the family! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home