Friday, April 21, 2006

Finished tactics unit 30 (module 1)


I just finished tactics unit 30 of tactics module 1. Mostly 4 move mate problems again, but this time around they were less frustrating. Even though exhaustion is getting the better of me. I've got a lot of sh*t on my mind which is taking it's toll. And it is hard to combine that with something as excruciating as studying chess. It is getting harder and harder to solve problems and to 'not' play sh*tty games. The past couple of days i've been on a serious blunder streak in my turn-based games (whoever thought a serious blunder was possible in a turn-based game?), and my live games aren't going much better either! I just sit there in front of that screen, and i just don't see anything anymore. I think i see it, but i don't. And it's pretty hard to deal with the frustration that goes along with it...

6 Comments:

At 21 April, 2006 18:19 , Blogger Majnu said...

Hi Edwin,
I have made some "stupid mistakes" in my turn based games too. Mostly they happen when I'm tired or/and play to fast. I know how frustrating it can be to see the blunder just after you click on the move button. :-((

What helps me sometimes is to log off when I see a position in witch I'm nog sure what to do, then take a break and look at it again as if it was the first time, with fresh eyes.

Good luck!

 
At 21 April, 2006 21:04 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Sometimes it's good to take a break to get your motivation back.

PS

 
At 22 April, 2006 22:30 , Blogger takchess said...

It looks like Knight errant Like activity to me 8)

 
At 27 April, 2006 05:52 , Blogger H.K. said...

Wow, I just started PCT and as I can see from your screen shot, the program just gets deeper and deeper. You're earlier units were done much faster than mine. Oh, am I in trouble.

 
At 27 April, 2006 07:09 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

I am not in it for the speed contest or to beat anybody to the punch (i believe that's how you say it), so do yourself a favour and stick to your own tempo.

 
At 27 April, 2006 14:15 , Blogger H.K. said...

The mention of your speed is only an observation. All my life I have only been able to go my speed. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home