Thursday, October 20, 2005

Training day report

Finished unit 11 of tactics module 1, working on 12.


Not only the level of difficulty increases, but also the number of exercises does. I started out doing 60 per unit, which increased to 90, which increased to 135... Unit 12 holds 150. Ofcourse previously done exercises are included, and part repetition of this unit. The current problems presenting themselves, haven't changed since my last report. They still are 3 move mate problems. And they are taking me forever to solve. Atleast most of the last 15 positions did. They took me almost 2 hours to solve. At this rate it'll take me 400 years to finish PCT. Where does this go? Ofcourse i'm not expecting to do all easy stuff, but this is only unit 12 of 52 of the first tactics module. What will i be trying to solve at unit 52? And how long will it take me to finish? Will i be going over 1 problem per training day at unit 52? The prospect of that is not very appealing. Considering the unit will hold 150 exercises, and the level of difficulty will really be that high, that would mean it would take me 150 training days to finish. Not to mention the fact that there are 5 more modules. Can you imagine?

4 Comments:

At 20 October, 2005 20:58 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

What a good thing to do! Emailing company's and such never comes to my mind. I will think about doing so in the future. Thank's for mentioning this. I hope i get to finish it within that timespan.

 
At 21 October, 2005 07:12 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

How good of you to notice :)
But i posted about it for some time ago allready. You probably missed it. You should use Bloglines or something, so you can check the updated feeds on one page. Anyway, here's the link to the post.

 
At 22 October, 2005 05:57 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

I am aware of the fact that you might have missed a lot of posts before you joined the Knights. However, the post i refered to was posted when you were one. So i thought you must have seen it. I wouldn't expect a new guy to have gone over all my previous posts :)
But no problem my blogging friend. Did you read the post?

 
At 23 October, 2005 15:58 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

I mentioned my plans in the post as well :) Besides the rapidness of improvement, the previous title suggested, thing's remain unchanged.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home