Saturday, October 15, 2005

Play day report (no play today)

My play day got all screwed up. I was so freaking tired again while sitting behind the computer and staring at the screen, i decided to choose for the couch again. I hate it when that happens. I want to prevent missing days i spend on chess as much as possible. When i woke up after a few hours sleep, i wanted to play atleast one game, and decided to continue my man vs machine match against Anaconda. Please remind me which f**cking engine is loaded next time before i start playing, cause for some reason Abrok (which is another engine) loaded itself. Not being prepared to face a different engine (especially not Abrok) and the fact that it screws up my match process, i decided to give up on the game, which means i have to give up the following game as well to get the ongoing match process on the right track again. On top of that, when i loaded Anaconda and started a new game, i found out i forgot to set it's rating, which means i had to play it at full strength. I wasn't prepared for that either, so i gave up on that game and the following game as well. I wanted to prevent this from happening so much, as i wanted to keep track of the ChessBase's interface rated stats. The stats are screwed up now, since i had to deliberatly lose games, which causes me to lose rating points, which messes up the scoring percentage etc. etc.
I did get another title though... According to Fritz i am now officially an "ambitious chess player". How great.

2 Comments:

At 15 October, 2005 17:53 , Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Heed not the opinions of the German think tank! I know you wanted it to work out, and things got screwed up. But I wouldn't put too much stock in the computer's opinion.

What's up with the lack of sleep? Too much coffee house action? Or just work? ;)

 
At 16 October, 2005 07:21 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Who said anything about lack of sleep? It is not the lack of sleep, it's life that's taking it's toll on me, and it is wearing me out. And about the German think tank's opinions... I'm not. I only wanted the stats to work out. So it's a few games off...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home