Sunday, October 23, 2005

No more reports (for a while)

I am not going to be reporting for a while (atleast not about playing and training) since i am in the process of setting up a new chessviewer (my favourite one) for replayable games. Also, i really want to begin analyzing and annotating my current games database, which are only 37 yet! The reason i want to start doing this, is because i don't want the games to pile up again and not do anything with them, besides having them analyzed by fritz. That's what happened with my previous games database, which held about a 1000. Now i want to do the analyzing (and annotating) myself first, before having them analyzed with fritz (if at all), and ofcourse before they pile up again, not being able to keep up with the growth of the database (in terms of analyzing and annotating). And i feel analyzing and annotating games myself will teach me more about my game then having it analyzed by fritz. Cause to tell you the truth, fritz's analyzing taught me little, or nothing at all. Also, these analyzed and annotated games can be used with the new chessviewer. It handles variations (i believe). The viewer i'm using now does not. I can only show the variations through annotations. And annotated variations never did me any good to tell you the truth... It only made me very tired while trying to look them up in the game i was viewing. Also, i have to catch up on some movies i've downloaded. I never get around to watching them like this, but still filling up the HD. Oh, and maybe play some San Andreas as well :)

5 Comments:

At 24 October, 2005 22:50 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Yeah, I know how that can get. I gave up on analyzing my games between January and August and just continue analyzing my current games. What viewer are you currently using? Also, how is GTA:SA? What system are you using and is it the unmodified version that you can hack?

PS

 
At 25 October, 2005 04:36 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Haven't you checked out any of the links refering to the games i played? I am currently using ICC's viewer for web display of games. The one i am setting up now, is the Java PGN viewer MyChessViewer 2.2

About GTA:SA... What can i say? It's big (refering to it's map). Personally i very much like it. I've always been interested in gangs and everything that goes along with it. So when Rockstar brought about this game, and being a big fan of GTA:VC, the choice was soon made :)
It is running on a Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, 512MB RAM, GeForce4 system. fritz is too :)
What do you mean by unmodified version? You mean the one in which you can use the hot coffee mod?

 
At 25 October, 2005 22:51 , Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Yeah, I meant th hot coffee mod. Didn't they say that they were supposed to get rid of the code that contained the nudity on the new games? I still didn't complete VC yet. I got through about half way and shelved it.

Isn't it crazy how much memory Fritz eats up? Especially when it does analysis. Nothing can beat Chessbase Light though. When it clears itself from my 768 megs of memory it locks up my machine for about 30 seconds. Just amazing.

PS

 
At 26 October, 2005 00:22 , Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Personally i don't have a problem with the so-called "nudity" in SA. And trying to censor it is ridiculous. I mean, i get to chop up people with a chainsaw. I get to beat people to death with a baseball bat. I get to blow people away with shotguns and whatever else kinda guns. I get to drive people over with a car, et cetera, et cetera. And "nudity" is what they censor??

And yeah it is crazy how much memory fritz absorbs. If i analyze a game with it, the processor runs at 100%.

 
At 30 October, 2005 11:35 , Blogger The Closet Grandmaster said...

chips are only good for checking tactics. Analysis must be with your nuggin'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home